Wednesday 1 June 2011

Discipline!

Contour drawing
Discipline. Life drawing needs a bit of this, and sometimes life gets in the way. And this being my first post I'll let you come to your own conclusions.
My drawing skills are very slowly evolving, having heard far too many tips, pointers and lessons from years as a life model - 'You need a bit more yellow in your skin tones' being my firm favourite (as spoken to a retired gentleman with dubious drawing skills.)
And now the baton has been passed on and I am the one trying to listen to the worthwhile advice. Having weeks off doesn't always help, and trying too hard to produce 'pictures' too soon doesn't either. But at the moment I am just enjoying the process, looking at beautiful bodies all day and getting lost in drawing.
Progress is slow but enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment